Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Stroganoff

This is from my friend Angela. She has a few recipes I have tried that my family loves, so I will probably be sharing those as well.

2 lbs stew beef
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 C water
1 env. beefy onion soup mix
1 C sour cream

Mix beef, soup water and soup mix in crock pot and cook for 8 hours on high. The longer it cooks the more tender it will be. Before serving, add sour cream. You can also add a can of mushrooms about 2 hours before serving. Serve over rice, egg noodles or baked potatoes.

I usually half this recipe for my family of 6. But all my kids are 7 and under. This gives us enough for leftovers for Chris to take to school for lunch for usually 2 days. We also have only had it over egg noodles, and it is yummy. Also, I have only used regular onion soup mix, because I have not found beefy onion soup mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!