Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas

This is one variation - this one has minimal ingredients and is a favorite for my children to eat. I will share another variation that we also love later, however, the later variation is not favored by my kids.

3 chicken breasts or 1.5 lbs chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/3 C sour cream
1 packet of taco seasoning

2 C cheese - I use mild cheddar and mozzarella mixed together
10-12 taco shells

Boil chicken until cooked through, usually about 20 minutes. In a medium sauce pan add soup, sour cream and taco seasoning. Cut chicken into small chunks and add to sauce. I use my kitchen scissors to cut chicken directly into sauce pan. Just heat until warmed through, although it is not absolutely necessary to warm sauce. I just think it goes further and helps not to overfill tortillas if it is already heated through.

Place about 1/3 C of sauce into each tortilla, top with a little cheese and roll up snugly. Continue to do so until all tortillas are filled. Top with rest of sauce (I use a slotted spoon towards the end when filling tortillas) and rest of cheese. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 for 20-30 min until cheese is melted and tortillas are warmed through. Top with a little sour cream when serving to cut down on spiciness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!