Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Good seasons Chicken and Rice

This is from my friend Shelby - it is of course, a good one.

3-4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 package of cream cheese
1 cube of butter
1 packet good season's Italian dressing mix

2-3 C cooked rice

I usually adjust the butter amount to 2-4 T, not the whole cube. However, I have tasted it with the entire cube and it is yummy! Just more calories. Place chicken breasts in crock pot with melted butter, add Italian dressing mix on top. Cook on low 6-8 hours, or on high 3-4 hours. About an hour before serving take chicken out and cut with kitchen scissors or a knife into a separate bowl. Place soups and cream cheese in crock pot and warm until you can whisk it smoothly into a sauce without any cream cheese lumps. I sometimes add some water to thin it down a little bit. My mom adds milk. Both taste fine. Return chicken to crock pot and warm through. Serve over white or brown rice. Both are good.

1 comment:

  1. Funny! I just came back to your blog to get a recipe for dinner tomorrow night, and noticed that you had my Chicken and Rice recipe, (which is actually from my friend, Erin). I was so excited with the Cafe Rio pork recipe, that I didn't even notice the others!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!