Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chicken Salad Croissants

Okay, Right off the bat if you put these in Croissants, there go the healthy factor, but in my opinion it is totally worth it. This is also good in whole wheat pita pockets, or on whole wheat bread, also, just on top of a salad if you are trying to save on carbs.

2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or diced
1 small bunch of green onions chopped
2-3 celery stalks chopped in small pieces
1/2 pk softened cream cheese
1/2-1 C mayo

garlic salt and pepper to taste

Quite often I add red grapes halved, and eat it for lunch wrapped up in leaf lettuce, or on whole wheat bread. I have made this a few times for showers or big family gatherings and put it on croissants. It is good, really good, every time.

*When I am just having it at home for lunches I sometimes use canned turkey breast - it is fast and easy and just as healthy and delicious.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!